Saturday, April 19, 2008

The Truman Show

I forgot how spectacular The Truman Show was! I watched it last night on T.V because there was nothing else on, but I was glad I did! It reminded me of why I always say to people I'm part of the Truman Show when someone comes up right next to me reaching for the same item or walks out to the parking lot FULL of vehicles and gets into the car right next to mine. Out of all those cars, the person comes walking out of the store at the same time as me and gets into the car next door. Just strange coincidences and I think to myself "Truman Show"! Haha! I can thank my mom for that!

But seriously, what an amazing show! Did Jim Carrey win something for that? He should have if he didn't. The whole film was brilliantly done. It made me think of that perfect world we all would like to live in. I love quote when he was a teenager and stands up in class saying "I want to be an explorer, like Magellan!" and the teacher replies as she pulls down a map of the world "Oh, you're too late; it's all been explored." I also liked when Truman stands in his bathroom using a piece of soap drawing on the mirror of him in an astronaut helmet and a flag declaring the discovery of "Trumania". What a great imagination!

Makes me want to go rent Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. Another spectacular Carrey film if you haven't seen it.

No comments: