Sunday, July 15, 2007

Yes, I know...

It's been a while since I have done anything with my blog. I doubt anyone is still reading it but I am still here alive and kickin'. I just don't have anything to say unlike that awesome LIVEEARTH post I wrote last week. I had the weekend to myself because the father and *her* went to the coast; so I had a taste of what my life will be like when I move to my own apartment in September. I really enjoyed not having to do the dishes every second of every day. I enjoyed leaving my homework on the coffee table until the next day. I didn't like being by myself at night but that is something I'll get used to because I have never liked being by myself at night. My scardy-cat syndrome as I like to call it comes out at night. So I was going to go to Seattle but I decided against that. Then I was going to go to the Japanese Gardens in Portland but then I thought to myself...and I said it just like this "Hey, save that going out time for when the weirdo's are actually home. Spend what time you can watching t.v since you know you never get to otherwise" So that's what I did. I watched movies.

I rented Singin' in the Rain, Notes on a Scandal, Japanese Story, Devil Wears Prada and Persuasion. My one line reviews for each. Singin' in the Rain is darling, cute and almost as good as An Affair to Remember and Roman Holiday. Notes on a Scandal is creepy and after watching it you need a shower. Judy Dench is SOOOO creepy. You seriously feel icky from her performance. Japanese Story is boring, I got it obviously because of the japanese guy but he wasn't great either. Devil Wears Prada is wonderful. Persuasion is sorta boring, watch Pride and Prejudice, much better Jane Austin film. Ok yes, I know Notes on a Sandal is longer then one line. The only movie I'd recommend is Devil Wears Prada. I wasted $14 on the others.

Hey! Hey! Look at that, I found something to occupy a couple minutes of your time!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No dueling TV's, eh?

What?, you wasted money on "Singing in the Rain"?? Just the rain alone would be worth the price. And Fred Astair's dancing - sublime! Hey I just read in a magazine that Mr. Astair also sings and has an album from the past that is awesome. Oh, to have so much talent.

Thanks for the movie reviews.

Anonymous J