Saturday, July 28, 2007

An official resident

I am an official resident of Washington State. I received my drivers license today! Washington is very strict on giving licenses. First you can't use a debit or credit card to pay for the license you MUST use cash. Then they want all sorts of forms of ID to prove you are you and you do indeed live in the state unlike those folks who go from state to state just to get licenses. Next the woman asked me for my Utah license and gave her both my DL and identification card and she was just flabbergasted that Utah would give both ID's out. (Washington only gives you the DL but I think you figured that out on your own.) So then I had to take the eye test and it was pretty extensive as well, checking eye sight, color that sort of thing. So after getting my photo taken I walked out with a temporary DL! Yay! They let me keep my Utah DL which is cool because it has a good photo on it.

1 comment:

desertgirl said...

Smile, say cheese, and flush the Utah ID down the toilet! Haha just kidding!