Thursday, May 24, 2007

Rollerblading

Since I have been out of work, I've been trying to keep myself busy. Especially now that the good t.v watching is over except for the few comforts of Las Vegas, Monk (BIG smile) and Dead Zone. But that doesn't keep one entertained very long so I decided to start up a hobby that would both let me lose weight and have fun at the same time. So I gave rollerblading a crack at it, and it is quite the exercise regiment. I haven't fallen yet but I bought wrist, knees and elbow pads for that inevitable trip on a rock.

It has taken me a week to just master rolling up and down the driveway. I mustered up the courage to roll along the street a few days ago and 20 minutes later I wanted to lay down and die. I was so out of breath it was not even funny. So yesterday my wonderful brother and I decided that I would start at 10 minutes and roll my way up to 20 and eventually to an hour. Besides running I heard it was the best exercise that is fun too. As soon as I get a job I am getting a membership to a racquet ball club that is just a couple miles away so I am excited about that.

On a side note- I am also going to buy a digital camera as soon as I get a job to put more pics up here. I have lots of regular pictures but until I get a program (ahem, A.K.A! hehe) that I can actually run, my pictures will be limited.

Wish me luck with the rollerblading!! :)

4 comments:

desertgirl said...

Good luck! It sounds really fun!

Anonymous said...

I get out of breath getting up from my chair.

a.k.a. Brady said...

Haheeeeeese hahh hahh hahh. Oh sorry using my typing fingers has worn me out. (That was my attempt to spell out the sounds I made.)

It's cool that you're 'blading (hehe by getting rid of the roller part I sound cooler! Yay! Cooler!).

You make me want to get out and exercise. I think I'll start with some extra typing, I don't want to start too fast.

Nevaeh said...

Haha! you two are hilarious.