Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Am I expecting too much?

Am I expecting too much from Hollywood? I recently rented a few "Oscar" nominated films, Dreamgirls, The Departed, Babel, The Queen and who could forget Borat. I never saw Little Miss Sunshine but my sister did and I know she didn't come back raving about it. All of these movies were touted upon as the greatest movies ever. I guess I am just not seeing the greatness in any of these movies. They all lacked a quality you expect to see in an Oscar film. I know everyone has their opinion and I know a lot of people liked The Departed but I was incredibly bored with that movie. Dreamgirls was an ok flick but I was expecting something great along the lines of The Gladiator or A Beautiful Mind but I just didn't see it in any of these films. If any of these films were to win it should have been Dreamgirls, if we had to choose between those movies. Definitely not The Departed.



So I just wanted to ask am I expecting too much from Hollywood? I think Hollywood has gone down hill. I need another A Beautiful Mind, The Aviator or something exceptional like that before I will watch those awards again.

No comments: