Friday, May 18, 2007

Highway 101











Sorry about the late post. It's been interesting trying to figure out the scanner thing here on a new computer and not having a Paint Shop Pro program doesn't help matters. But on to the exciting stuff.....

My sister and I went on a mini vacation before she went back home. We had a blast visiting all these little towns and meeting new people. I wish I would have been more open to stopping at the places my sister wanted to stop at. But all of you who know me, knows I am a planner and my plan was to be at the beach by mid morning because I heard a group of people put out blown glass globes on the beach in the morning for people to look for and I wanted to be one of those people! But of course like so many of my other adventures, I didn't get what I wanted. Oh well, there is always next year!
So, we drove down Highway 101 along the Pacific ocean and it was beautiful as always. We went to the sea lion caves which were stinky but pretty cool. There were about 100 lions in the cave and there were two particular lions who seemed to be putting on a show for the folks watching them. One was standing on a rock and the other was swimming in the water. The one in the water was biting the one on the rock. It was very cute to see but I am sure that lion was very serious about getting on that rock! The cave itself was kinda creepy, very dark and cold. My sister and I both forgot our cameras (yes, DUH!!!) so we bought disposables and none of the pictures inside the cave turned out. :(
Then we stayed at the Umpqua Lighthouse campground which was pretty neat. I thought it was on the beach but it was near a lake instead. We stayed in a yurt. If you have never seen a yurt, there is a picture above there. This campground was surrounded by TALL trees, it made a beautiful sight. My sister and I hiked through the forest to the beach and that was an amazing part of the ocean! It had a sand dune and walking on the sand was incredible! You could walk right on the sand without sinking in.
There is a picture there of my sister near the campfire that we attempted to build. HAHA! That was a hoot. If I ever got lost and had to make a fire, I would die. I have never made a fire before and it was an interesting experience!! Then making smores. Oh don't get me started on those!! Sheesh, you'd think I couldn't do anything! I guess I have always had people doing stuff for me. I didn't think I was spoiled like that but apparently having 4 older brothers to do all that for me, I was spoiled. I am sure a lot of other stuff happened but it was a while ago and I have forgotten. I had to get all the pictures developed and that took a week. Geez I really gotta get me a digi camera. Well thanks for reading and sticking with the blog :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep we have always been looking out for you. Now that you are on your own you will need to learn all those things like how to light a fire, geez what a dork, for yourself!

desertgirl said...

What came first, the campfire or the smore? My fave pic is the flying blanket!

a.k.a. Brady said...

I don't see no dad gum yurt!

Ah wait a second I'm not from that part of the world.

Hey, where's the yurt? Okay, that's better.

a.k.a. Brady said...

Ah okay, so the picture didn't load right away. I see your yurt and I raise you a wigwam!

Anonymous said...

Geez, who stole my name? I wanna be the only anonymous on here. I did say I would get a name someday, but I haven't thought of one yet.

This is a paragraph. It helps the reader not get mad and blow up the monitor while reading all about it cross-eyed. Just a tiny suggestion for the Skyla. :)

If you haven't clicked on the blanket pic, do so. The face is so cute! What a cute pic.

I'm happy that aka found the yurt.

Girls, you're getting some experiences as world travelers. Staying in a yurt is not something everyone has done.