Thursday, December 25, 2008

A lot of snow for the NW




This may not seem like a lot of snow coming from a child who grew up with 3-4 feet of snow every winter. But for the Pacific Northwesterners, it's a dream come true! The first photo is the first dumping of snow then five days later, you see the amount accumulated which is in photo two. I have not driven since Friday the 19th. It sucks to depend on everyone else for a ride but I don't have to use gas! I have to look on the bright side when this happens. As I indicated in the previous post, the ice is the killer in these storms in the PNW not necessarily the snow. I can drive on snow (even though I'd rather not) but there is no way to drive my little Honda on ice without studs or chains, and I have neither. The second photo is the snow on top of my car, then a lovely layer of ice. I dug out the soft snow underneath the ice so it's sort of a igloo on top of my car. I had to have some fun in this weather! This is the perfect weather for igloo making! Well I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!! Pray I can drive on a dry ice-free surface soon! :)

No comments: