Sunday, March 9, 2008

A festival or typical day in Portland?




If you guessed a typical day, you are correct. This was a Saturday but I know it's like this daily in downtown Portland. Even though I have lived here for nearly a year....wow! A year...that is crazy to think after years and years of planning and waiting and hoping to live here I finally did it. Ok sorry that was my inner self talking, back to the blog. Hehe! As I was saying, even though I have lived here for nearly a year and I still think, as I take the MAX into downtown, is it going to be busy today? Even on the rainist day it is busy. So this video is of Pioneer Square, which is a stadium like setting as you can see where people come to hang out and drink their drink of choice from the nearby Starbucks. There always is a game of chess going on as well as a flowing waterfall below the Starbucks. This Saturday it looks like some people got together to swing dance (and you might be thinking...this looks like a swing dancing festival to me! But if that is the case, there is a festival every Saturday in Portland) So enjoy the video...see, they're getting better!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

See Here or Here

desertgirl said...

I think it's really cool that people in Portland don't have to wait for a festival, just to go outside and have fun. Where I live, people only go outside if it involves exercise; running, biking, walking, etc. No one else is allowed to go outside if they just want to enjoy some fresh air, or so it seems. It's nice to see people having fun!