Friday, August 3, 2007

Welcome to Utah!

I went back home this week to visit the family and oh the memories come rushing back. The children kicking the back of my chair the ENTIRE plane trip, the endless stressing, no trees, extreme hot temperatures and you can't forget the drivers...oh you can not forget the drivers. Although, somehow it is comforting to know you can drive like crap and no one cares. I love to come back home because it makes me remember all the reasons I left!

Yes, I have only been gone four months but you start to act like the place you live. For example, I smile at everyone in the NW because it is almost necessary to do so because so many others are smiling at you! I smile at folks in the stores here and they look at me like I have come from outer space. And don't even THINK about talking to them. It's like talking to yourself when you talk to folks around here. Rarely does someone have a conversation with a complete stranger here. My mom is probably steamed that I am giving such a negative view of this great state so I better talk about the good stuff as well. And there are good things such as the mountains; I do miss the mountains. Then there are the streets; the street addresses here are so easy to learn. I still have yet to conquer the addresses in the NW. I just realized in the last couple days that Fourth Plain overlaps highway 500. Anyway...you have to be there to know what I mean. Ok, sorry got off track there for a second, back to Utah. Other things that are great are just personal stuff such as my family are here and I miss them very much. My wonderful brother who makes the best food on the planet.

I am here for the next two days so I'll have more to talk about later!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you happen to come down my way... stop and say "hi!"