Monday, May 28, 2007

Asher's new digs


Can you spot the turtle?

Yes, the pool is a bit dirty.

So I built a new place for my turtle, Ash. It's pretty nifty don't ya think? Actually, my dad built it, I sorta just stood there and watched and occasionally scratched my arm against a screw that was sticking out of the board.

First thing Ash did when I put her in the new place is ran laps around it about 500 times (ok, exaggerating but still a lot) and finally decided to lay in the HUGE pool. I say HUGE because she used to have a pie tin as a watering dish. This new plastic tub could fit two other turtles, so it's nice and large for her to swim around in. She set up her new living space, no not under the shade in the cool wet dirt where she usually burrows, she wanted to burrow under the grass. She is so very odd. I guess she has to be if she is around me! So that is now where she lives the majority of the time. She comes out to do a lap or two around the box, eats, swims and goes back to her little spot under the grass. I will eventually get her a playmate but probably not until after I get back from China, so I don't have to find two turtles homes while I am gone. For now she is all alone but I think she likes it that way. Either way, she is used to it. She has been alone for the last 13 years except for me blabbing to her!


Here are a couple pictures of my turtle, Ash. Isn't she just so CUTE?!?!

2 comments:

desertgirl said...

Ash lives better than I do! Haha!

Anonymous said...

Yes! She is cute!