Wednesday, April 25, 2007

The semi-family outing

Ok, I was waiting for some beautiful pictures of Zion Canyon, where we went on our day trip, but my brother isn't sending them. So I will have to put them up whenever he gets his rear in gear and emails them to me. This makes me think I need to buy my own digi camera so I don't have to ask others. Anyway, the day started at about 11:00 a.m when my brother and his family came down from S.L.C to visit and haul my furniture back up there. We had 7 children all under the age of 11, you can just imagine! Oh my it was an adventurous trip. I give my mother more credit than I already did, she has 6 children. Of course the 7 children were split between my sister-in-law and her twin sister. They were all very sweet and well-behaved as much as a child can be right?!? We drove down to Zion Canyon about an hour away and decided to go on the Emerald Pools trail. My sister-in-law has a bad knee so we didn't want to go on a treacherous hike, and we thought this one wouldn't be too bad. We started the hike and it was uphill almost the entire time! It wasn't strenuous but it wasn't very pleasant either! There was a huge drop off that you could see into most of Zion Canyon which was SO beautiful! (Which is why I wanted the pics, ok I'll quit being disgruntled) After a while it started to drop downhill and it was actually a very beautiful trail and I am quite proud I was able to last considering I don't do a lot of hiking. It took us about 5 hours which included the lingering at the three pools. Those pools were gorgeous! They weren't very deep but still no one went in them because it would sanitize the water and you don't want to do that because it is drinking water for the animals that live in Zion. We didn't get home until about 11:00 at night because we went to eat afterwards. It was a great day!! I enjoyed being with my family and meeting new people. Again, as soon as I get pics I will post them. :)

No comments: