Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Ch-ch-ch-changes!

The world is full of changes. Changing lifestyle, changing diet habits, changing views on a wide variety of issues, changing schools, changing jobs, changing hair color, changing styles, changing plans...the list goes on and on. One thing is for sure about change, it always changes.

I haven't been keeping up the blog because of all the changes and moving on that I have been preparing for. I am getting my Associates Degree next week from a fantastic college, otherwise known as Clark. This is usually not a big deal because an Associates Degree is almost like a High School diploma these days. But it's important to me because I never thought I'd get back to college again. I left high school 10 years ago, and believed I would just work the rest of my life. I never prepared or planned (totally unlike me not to plan) to go back but something drew me to Clark and it was so unbelievably simple to attend. I only had one small misstep and then it was back to normal. It was a smooth ride and I am excited to finish with honors and move on to a new chapter in my life. I am going to China in August, which was postponed from last year due to finish college and I am very happy I did postpone. I was sent to Hefei, China since the first time I decided to go this time last year but again with that silly little thing known as change, it wasn't meant to be. Oh, I'm still going to China! Just not Hefei. ILP called me the other day and told me the Hefei school closed down, so now I am off to Zhongshan, which ironically is where I wanted to be sent to in the first place! So it is great! I am excited. When I get back from China in January I will be off to Western Oregon University to start my ASL experience. So many changes!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad China is still in the plans and I'm happy that you get to go the school you wanted after all.

Can't wait to read about your adventures!