Thursday, August 21, 2008

Life changes constantly!

Today would have been the day I arrive at the SLC international airport to fly to California then off to China for 4 months. But as you can tell, I am home typing this post. Why you ask? I decided to postpone my volunteer adventure in Hefei, China so I can finish my stint at college first. I feel it is a better choice than to go to China, forget everything I've learned then come back and start all over. This way I will have finished with school and have my associates degree before I go to China. I do thank EVERYONE that has donated to this wonderful volunteer experience because it IS GOING to happen, just not for a year and that year will fly! Trust me, you will all be a lot happier I went next year anyway considering all the stuff that is happening over there right now! If you have any questions or want to donate (I still need $600 in order to go) please contact ILP. Their phone # is 801-374-8913 or ILP.com.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey... if you have an associates degree by then, you might consider going to Taiwan through ILP. You will be given a paid position... and it will still be very much service-mission-like! When you're done... you could visit China. Hmm... what do you think?

I saw a name tag for a child yesterday that was Nevaeh. I thought of you.

Nevaeh said...

Hmmm...I never thought of that! That is a great idea, thank you! I miss you by the way!! I read your blog all the time :) Never knew you were an artist!