Sunday, January 6, 2008

Preview pictures





This is what my life will be like in August for four and a half months if I can raise the money to go!

The first photo is of the school where I will be teaching 4-14 year old Chinese children to speak english every day Monday-Saturday, 4 hours a day. This location is Ningbo, China and it is located near Shanghai.

The next two photos are of a teacher using alternative methods to teach english to these very cute little children! When teaching english we don't teach out of a book, we teach by hands on learning and resources like what we would use at play time and during primary. Such as construction paper, glue, popsicle sticks and so forth. It looks like a lot of fun and I hear the children learn SO well by this method.

I am REALLY excited to go and hope you all who wish to help me get there, please donate!!! :) For those that don't know me you can send money to the following address. For those that do know me, I will be sending out a letter to donate that way!

The address for ILP is: ILP 363 N. University Ave #104
Provo, UT 84601 and please specify you want the donation to go to Skyla Allen. Your donation is tax deductible so you will have nothing to lose!! ANY amount is helpful.

ILP's internet address is ILP.org or their phone # is 801-374-8854

My service mission to China will have it's own web blog at: skyla21.blogspot.com

THANK YOU!!!

No comments: