Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Too much money

Some people just have WAY too much money. I was performing my normal job duty of running from the PA's office to the courthouse when I walked past this car which had a poster on the side rear window. It had a normal looking dog pictured and a note saying "reward $5,000". Alright, seriously looking at the pic of this dog, it can not be worth $5,000 but I guess because I'm not much of a dog lover I can't comprehend plunking down 5 grand for a dog. I am a cat person and if my cat Russian, may he rest in peace, was stolen or got lost or whatever I'd be extremely sad and don't think anyone would bring my cat back to me for $50 which is all I could afford. So whoever spends $5,000 on a dog has way too much money. That's all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You might be suprised what a dog is worth. A well trained Lab or Chesapeake, trained for field trials or hnting, can fetch well into the 5 to 7k range no problem. If I lost my lab with all the time I put into him I would probably offer at least 500.00 for reward and if I were to seel him I would ask, at this stage of his training, around 2500.00. Dogs are much more valuable than cats as they are useful tools not just the family scratch behind the ears pet like a kitty. Some show dogs go for tens of thousands of dollars. Much like race horses you get what you pay for!